Please ensure that your system meets the following requirements before contacting support.
- Operating system is Android version 2.2 or later
- At least 20MB of free SDCard or internal storage space is available on your device
- All test versions of PYKL3 are removed. There should be only ONE instance of PYKL3 Radar in your device's Applications
The developer may ask to provide a LOGCAT log.
There appears to be a bug in Google's Android caching mechanism that corrupts over time. We are working on a permanent work-around, but if your LongPress/Conditions/Forecast button is not working, Go into your Android settings/Application/Manage Applications and scroll down to the entry for PYKL3Radar. Select "Force Stop" then "Clear Cache". After you restart PYKL3, it should work again.
Blank Screen on startup
This appears to be caused by a failed download of the file which advises which sites are dual-pol enabled.
There are three ways to solve this...
1. Using a file editor on your device, delete the file /sdcard/PKL3Radar/dualpol.dat
2. Perform a Reset All on PYKL3Radar Menu/Program Options/Info and Support/Reset Options/Reset All and restart when a solid internet connection is available. Note, 10MB of downloads must occur on restart.
3. Wait about 24 hours for that file to be automatically deleted and then restart.
Program crashes or data not visible after upgrade
More than likely, your device experienced an interruption while acquiring the required downloads.
If PYKL3Radar opens, within PYKL3Radar, tap Menu/Program Options/Info and Support/Reset Options/Reset All and tap your back key until the program exits and restart when you have a solid and speedy internet connection.
If this does not solve the issue...
To get things going again, perform the following operations 1. Uninstall PYKL3Radar 2. Delete the folder /sdcard/PYKL3Radar 3. Power off your device then restart it 4. Install PYKL3Radar 5. When a solid data connection is available, start PYKL3Radar
You might find the free Android App called AndExplorer helpful in finding the PYKL3Radar directory. Also, the /sdcard directory may be aliased on your device and may be called Internal Storage or External Storage. Unfortunately, there is some variance in the different handset manufacturers.
At this point, you should be go. If not, please contact email@example.com
Program starts but no radar data displayed
This is typically caused by a failed download. To restore radar services, either wait 2 hours (not much fun) or reset the cache data in PYKL3. Menu/Program Options/Info and Support/Reset Options/Reset Cache Then, restart the program.
My AllisonHouse account does not work. How do I fix it?
1. Make sure that you are using the email address associated with your AllisonHouse account 2. Go to your account setup and change your password (to the same one, even). They keep two account databases and sometimes things get out of sync.
Note: Upon upgrading to 2.1, it is recommended that old GIS files be deleted. This can be accomplished via
Menu/More/Program Options/Info and Support/Reset Options/Clean GIS data
Radar data is automatically removed after files are greater than two hours old. To force removal of these files, select
Menu/More/Program Options/Info and Support/Reset Options/Clear Cache
To Reset ALL PYKL3 Preferences to their default, select
Menu/More/Program Options/Info and Support/Reset Options/Reset All
If you are unable to start the program, delete the PYKL3Radar directory off the sdcard and then go into Android's application settings (From the Android home screen, select Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications and scroll down to PYKL3 Radar, then tap the options for clear data / clear cache.
Version 2.4 is available only for Android 2.2 and up devices.
Can't see lightning data? At present, lightning and radar data are available from AllisonHouse using the Storm Chaser or Storm Hunter package
The Samsung Moment appears to be incompatible with the drawing routines used in this enhanced version. Please contact the author to acquire the old version.
One user reports an issue with the Samsung Epic with radar data not being displayed. Investigation revealed user had a test version of PYKL3 Radar still installed. After de-installation, program worked as expected.